Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sick Princess

We have had quite the sick princess this past week. Princess E came down with another stomach virus last Monday. She would have a good day and then a bad day. Thursday was her worst day. She slept a straight twelve hours Wednesday night and woke up very lethargic and pitiful. I could not keep her awake for more than 45 minutes at a time. By the afternoon, she wasn't drinking and she refused to sit up or crawl. We went to the doctor and they gave her an IV. We thought she was good to go and then she threw up when we were getting ready to leave the doctor's office. Our little angel was then admitted to the hospital. I felt so bad for her. She was so weak and pitiful. They kept her on the IV fluids until Friday at lunch. Once she was able to tolerate fluids, they let her eat some bland food. After a very long and tiring week of sickness, we were able to go home Friday night and she has been much better. She is back to singing, talking and getting into everything. I took a few pictures of her in the hospital. She was very happy to get balloons from her Memphis relatives.










We are happy she is better. I have spent most of the day today trying to disinfect the house and get rid of the germs that cause this yucky virus. Luckily, no one else in the house has been affected by it. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to relax. I have a project in the works and I hope all of my friends, family, & readers will be able to get involved and show support for a great cause. I will be posting about that project soon. Have a great week!


2 comments:

Lyndi said...

So glad she is feeling better!

Sarah said...

Sorry she was so sick. I am glad she is back home.