Monday, March 16, 2009

Did You Miss Me?

Did you miss me? I have not blogged in over a week and I feel terrible about it. I have been overwhelmingly busy with lots of stuff- household projects, sewing projects, and a sickly child. I am happy to say that I have made some major progress in all of the previously mentioned areas. I helped Big E in the garage for what felt like 72 hours straight. We managed to clear out boxes that haven't been opened since our first move almost 3 years ago. It felt great when we finished and the super hubby hauled off a full truck bed of stuff to the Goodwill! We still have a lot of organizing to do in the garage since it is/will be half sewing room/half boys room. I suppose one more weekend in there will get it done! As for the sickly child, Princess E is just having a terrible time. She has been spiking fevers and being cranky on and off for weeks. I am now thinking that we have some molars coming in and she isn't happy about it. Hopefully, this mess will pass soon. If the weather would make up it's mind, I think we would all be much happier. I love Spring and Early Fall. I am not one for sweating or freezing. I like it be warm enough for flip-flops and just cool enough to enjoy watching A-man playing sports. Be watching for new pics of him and Big E, we are about to embark on our first tee ball season! Big E is going to coach!! He is amazing with the little kiddos. All of our soccer parents just love him! He is always all about making it a great experience for the kids and teaching them how to have fun. He has patience that I could only dream about having! As for the sewing projects, I have been busy, busy! I had a baby shower to attend for a friend and as with all showers I am invited to, I make something for the mommy-to-be and baby! This gift was interesting because the mommy wanted her stuff to be pirate themed. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I when I was finished I liked it. My friend was very excited and I got a lot of positive feedback at the shower. I was able to give out my card and get my name out there. The mommy-to-be placed an order immediately for a shower she will be attending the first of April. Hopefully, it will continue to build business for me! I also decided to attempt something that I have been very afraid of- Applique!! It looked really difficult, so I never considered it until now. I read the instructions and crossed my fingers! Here is what I got!


Turned out pretty cute huh??
You can get one for a boy or a girl at my website!
All letters are available and sizes, colors, and fabrics may vary.

Here is the pirate themed set:

Now, how about a little Eye Candy??

Hope you have a wonderful week! I will try to post a little sooner next time!!

1 comments:

Lyndi said...

LOVE the pirate theme. Too cute for a little boy!! I wish I had half your skill, but I can't even sew on a button, lol.